Wednesday 4 November 2009

When Harry Met Sally

HARRY BURNS: You take someone to the airport, it's clearly the beginning of the relationship. That's why I have never taken anyone to the airport at the beginning of a relationship.

SALLY ALBRIGHT: Why?

HARRY BURNS: Because eventually things move on and you don't take someone to the airport and I never wanted anyone to say to me, how come you never take me to the airport anymore?

SALLY ALBRIGHT: It's amazing. You look like a normal person but actually you are the angel of death.




All-time favorite film.

2 comments:

  1. I should definitely watch this movie more often.

    Actually, everyone should see this movie at least once in a lifetime.

    If not for anything else than for the 'orgasm in the restaurant' bit.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nNhOH4Y0bI

    And for the dialogues (and monologues) like this one:

    Harry: Had my dream again where I'm making love, and the Olympic judges are watching. I'd nailed the compulsories, so this is it, the finals. I got a 9.8 from the Canadians, a perfect 10 from the Americans, and my mother, disguised as an East German judge, gave me a 5.6. Must have been the dismount.

    ReplyDelete