Thursday 27 August 2009

Waiting For


Was sitting at London Bridge Station, waiting. A family was sitting next to me, waiting. Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter. Their glances glued to the notice board. Suddenly, they all stood up and left. Then another family was next to me. Mom, Dad, Son. Dad realized he was sitting on a mobile phone. Asked me if it was mine. Was not. Mom took it to the Ticket Office. Came back. Told me she had taken it to the Ticket Office. Sat down. Few minutes went, they left. I waited. Was hoping somebody from Mom, Dad, Son, Daughter would return. I waited. Was very much hoping my wait would be enough for them to return. I waited. In came running the Daughter. Was out of breath, nervous. So I told her. Distrustful, she headed for the Ticket Office. I waited. I waited. I waited. I suppose she was a success. Somehow a little piece of the world had returned to its place. I know, it's just a stupid phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment