Friday 9 October 2009

Witch Craft or Good Thinking

I decided to rearrange today's event at the ELTE, after the "great" success at the Academy. I asked Elliot and Carol if they would deliver a lecture instead of taking part in a so-called roundtable discussion which appearantly in Hungary means that people read their notes out loud, or speak on their own for several minutes as if nobody else were there. They are unable to engage in an actual conversation. Maybe they are simply not interested in others. And neither are the moderators or Hungarian audience ready to ask any questions.
Elliot and Carol were more than happy to oblige. So the two of them spoke 95% percent of the time, with a mighty short introduction at the beginning and a few questions from students at the end. It was a complete success and the audience was content, lively and fulfilled.
Afterwards, I thought my little backstage, organisational witch craft (or good thinking) made a huge difference. So a pat on the back for me, virtually. I have written this blogpost to commemorate this, as I have a tendency to forget my accomplishments and only remember whatever was troublesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment